Wednesday 11 January 2012

Nothing

I’d like to announce that this morning, from 9.30am, I will be doing absolutely nothing.

This ‘nothing’ may involve having a cup of tea, but that's it.

Well, it could also include the small amount of effort involved in putting a record on, but that is bloody well it. I’m not getting back onto my feet to turn it over.

For it is a momentous day. I will be dropping off my daughter at the doors of her special school, as usual, once the usual morning routines have been performed.

But today, instead of heading to the park with my son, the little fella will be herded round the corner and into a building that will become his regular morning hangout: nursery.

Yes, I have lots of things that I should be doing: a freelance writing job, learning a speech I’ve got to deliver, phone calls, paperwork, picking up prescriptions, ringing builders, sorting out the washing, food shopping, cooking tea and Lots. Of. Other. Stuff.

But do you know what? They are going to have to wait. This morning, for a couple of hours, I’m going to put my feet up and do bugger all. 

Please.

Do Not Disturb.

*switches brain to standby*

Video is Elastic - Waking Up

1 comment:

  1. Bloody right and well deserved - unhook the phone, turn your PC/mobile off. And don't read this comment

    ReplyDelete