Friday 15 May 2020

Day Twenty

Once a biker, always a biker.

I first wrote about The Sons & Daughters Of Anarchy (East Bedfordshire Division) on this blog a few years ago (See the bottom photo).

There’s been a few tattoos and meths busts since then, and Knuckles and Pugface have had their share of beefs with the West Bedfordshire Division (splitters!)

Now my girl has some new wheels, the gang have got a bloodthirsty new attack dog, Fang, and today they were ready to hit the mean streets of... our small market town.

Their biker gang is so intimidating, people actively cross the street to avoid them. Well, they do at the moment, but that’s probably got something to do with Covid-inspired social distancing. 

But there’s no doubt they are dangerous. My boy’s levels of insouciance leave previously confident passers-by feeling strangely inadequate. And my daughter - who gets easily distracted by someone in her periphery and then unthinkingly steers that way as she turns her head to be nosy - has a good chance of mowing down anyone who steps within the 2m zone.

Today there were no hit and runs, and no run-ins with the law. I suppose I should be disappointed, seeing as I am the the gang’s leader, Bad Ass Mother Drake (number of tattoos - one; number of kills - at least three goldfish; time taken to squeeze into leather trousers - 45 minutes including 5 minutes of actual passing out).

I should protect my rep, and not get soft. But watching my girl on her trike, sorry, hog, makes me very happy. Due to her Prader-Willi Syndrome, her weak muscle tone and poor balance means cycling is a problem, but the three wheels gives her the solid base she needs. She’s a bit heavy on the braking, and you have to occasionally move like lightning to direct her towards the middle of a drop kerb, but once she’s on a safe flat path, she can pedal along in her fiercely determined way.



Song is The Supernaturals - Motorcycle Parts

As part of the 2.6 Challenge (which is asking people to fundraise and donate towards small charities that are threatened with closure because of the effects of the Covid-19 crisis) I'm currently writing 26 blogs in 26 days.The PWSA UK is a charity which is absolutely vital for people with PWS, their families, carers and professionals who work with them. Without urgent help, PWSA UK will fold. This charity saves lives and for some people makes lives worth living. If you can, please go to my Just Giving page and donate anything you can spare - a few pence or a few pounds, it all counts. And if you can't, Mama Drake will send the biker gang round to persuade you, just as soon as I do up these leather trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment