Saturday 27 December 2014

Merde

Spot the PWS diner (clue, she's looking at her dinner, not the camera)
It worked. An edible Christmas dinner for 11, food on time, and a Prader-Willi Syndrome girl who coped amazingly well with the extra grub around, relished every morsel of her extra vegged-up festive first course, and went all dreamy when om nom nomming her Weight Watchers Christmas pud.

My daughter’s favourite gift was a suprise: tickets to Matilda The Musical. I didn’t think she could look more pleased, until I told her that her Prader-Willi Best Friend Forever will be going with her, too.

My son’s top booty was a Lego set from The Lego Movie. “OH MY GOODNESS, IT’S LORD BUSINESS!” was his exact response. I wasn’t so keen on it after it taking something like three hours to put together (although our progress may have been hampered by me having to pause after every single piece so I could a) blow my nose due to a horrible head cold and b) take a swig of Cointreau in a plan to drown my horrible head cold in alcohol.

My husband (manfully doing the present opening, Christmas dinner helping, and OAP parents taxi ferrying, and all this before heading off for a 12 hour night shift on Christmas Day), was kept happy with a rather excellently curated selection of LPs, even if I say so myself.

But I think I got the best present of the lot. This, this, this. It’s a piece of pottery my daughter made for me at school. It’s in the style of French potter Bernard Palissy, apparently.

I think I’m going to call it “Une Merde De Chien”. No, wait! "Les Turds Superbes".


Video is Cornershop - Good Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment