Sunday 30 September 2018

Found

It’s our 23rd wedding anniversary today. We’ve been married for half of my life and together for longer than that.  

If you want a quick summary: I grabbed hold of my teenage crush and never let go.  

From the start, it was obvious I’d fallen for him because I couldn’t stop smiling at the mention of his name. I still do, and he’s not even called Englebert or anything weird.   

Like everyone, I’ve had some twists and turns in life that could have crushed me. The only reason they didn’t is because he was here - and because I know he always has been, always is, and always will be.  

I mean, I bloody hope so. Otherwise I’m f***ed.  

He was the first man I got lost in a kiss with, and the first man who made me feel like I’d found my home.    

I’m still lost and found.   

This counts as an anniversary card, right?  



Song is Decemberists - Once In My Life. The lyrics are about someone waiting all their life for just something to go right for once. I was lucky; I only had to wait until I was 17 to meet my right.   

No comments:

Post a Comment