Friday 16 March 2012

Return


She’s back.

My daughter’s three days of adventure on her PGL trip are over.

The activity holiday organised by her school was a huge hit.

Once we’d got through the usual blow by blow, or rather forkful by forkful, account of what she’d eaten, my daughter volunteered the following information about her escapades.

"I had three gos on the zip wire, Mum. I’m not tired. They said I broke the record for falling asleep the quickest in my room. I’m not shattered. I didn’t like the fishcake, but I ate it all up. We couldn’t do fencing because the saw [sic] was broken. I liked it so much, I want to live there. I would like to work at PGL. It stands for Parents Get Lost, you know."

The school have filled out a little diary with nuggets of information about how she joined in with everything, including scaling part of the climbing wall, swinging on a giant swing, wriggling through a tunnel, trampolining, dancing at the disco, and helping tidy and pack.

All summed up with the last diary entry: “An absolute pleasure to take away and we know she had a great time - she kept telling us.

The adventurer has gone to bed, pink and fragrant from her shower and hair-wash. Calm, serene, sleepy, dreamy, and very very happy.

That was at 7pm. Her brother, on the other hand, has only just gone quiet after spending storytime bouncing up and down on his bed with a pair of pants on his head.


Video is The Upsetters - Return Of Django

No comments:

Post a Comment