Sunday 3 May 2015

Penectomy

Hot on the heels of the 'too much information too soon' nocturnal emissions discussion that went on over breakfast recently (see blog post Glory), my six-year-old son decided on an ‘interesting’ bedtime chat last night:

"Why don't I have big muscles, Mummy?"
"Well, you're a little boy. You don't really get big muscles until you're grown up."
"When?"
"Well, after puberty."
"What's puberty?"
"Well, when you're a teenager, you'll start to get a bit more hairy. You'll need to start shaving because you'll get a bristly chin, and you'll grow hairs under your arms, on your chest, and around your willy. And it's only then that you might get big muscles."
"AND SOMETHING ELSE, MUMMY! BIG TESTICLES!"

I took a moment to compose myself. I needed to - he hadn't finished.

"What ARE testicles?"
"Er...well they're like little pouches of skin."
"And they look like little balls?"
"Yes."
"I've thought of a way I can see my testicles better!"
"Oh yes? How will you do that?"
"CHOP MY WILLY OFF!"


Song is Joe Chopper & The Swinging 7 Soul Band - Soul Pusher

No comments:

Post a Comment