Friday 18 November 2011

Bottom

Getting my daughter outside has always been a struggle. She’d always rather be in the warm, reading a book.

Which is fine. But when your child has Prader-Willi Syndrome, you need to sneak in physical activities whenever you can. The trick is not to call it exercise, and to entice her out with a little mission, project, or reward.

So rather than just go for a walk, we’ll pop to the shop to buy a magazine. To encourage her to come out for some bending and stretching and fresh air, we’ll get her to grab a trowel and do a spot of gardening with her dad.

The latter is what’s happening in this picture.

You’ll just have to take my word for it that actual gardening is taking place. 

What it looks like, I'll admit, is a formation builders’ bum display. 

My daughter's little bottom often had an unintentional airing during the nine years she had to wear a body brace to support her back (see previous blog entry Cast). It's hidden under her cardi in this photo, but the bottom edge of the plastic moulded jacket always used to push the top of her trousers down. 

Dunno what my husband's excuse is.



Video is The Presidents Of The United States Of America - Peaches. 
I was going to go for Moon River, but when I searched You Tube I almost clicked on Westlife's version by mistake, and the near miss frightened me so much I had to lie down in a darkened room.


No comments:

Post a Comment